Thursday, July 11, 2013

Thrifty Thursday

I've got a nice mix of thrifted finds to get you inspired to start thrifting this week! My thrifting lesson for the week: sometimes it pays to wait for something that fits just right. Sometimes we can't help but want to squeeze into something because it's the only one, but on occasion, it pays off to wait (you'll see why below)!


Light, airy blouses are perfect year round. They can easily be adapted to the changing seasons by adding/removing layers both on top of and underneath it. For summer time, this will be great with a light tank underneath and a pair of cute jean shorts.


Store: Value Village
Brand: Suzy Shier
Section: Long Sleeve Blouses
What I Paid: $7.99
What it's Worth: ?



I originally bought this dress in size smaller a month ago, and while it was a little too tight on top, I loved it too much to pass it up. Unfortunately, one of the seams ended up splitting (sometimes too tight really is too tight), so I was more than excited to find the same dress in a size up the last time I went thrifting. Score! Now it's perfect. And I'm sure I'll find a purpose for the original dress...



Store: Salvation Army
Brand: Zara
Section: Dresses
What I Paid: $14.99
What it's Worth: ~ $69



These are going to make a great fall look! These leather stretch leggings had a rip along one of the leather panels, but with a little thread and some patience, I had sewed it up and they were good as new! How to style them? I'm thinking all black head to toe, or maybe a white tee, with black patent heels.



Store: Salvation Army
Brand: Zara W&B Collection
Section: Featured Items
What I Paid: $5.99
What it's Worth: ~ $79


Happy Styling! xo

~Britta

1 comment:

  1. oh that maxi dress is really nice! I especially dig the colourfully beaded belt. and the polka dot blouse is cute too. great finds, Britta!

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...