Thursday, October 24, 2013

Thrifty Thursday


There were some pretty cool (and valuable) finds in Salvation Army this week! Things to learn from this trip: always take a quick browse at the jewelry case, and make sure you browse all the sizes.

The perfect art deco 1920's-style necklace! I always do a cursory sweep of the jewelry counter before paying for my newly found clothes at the cashier. Every once in a while, I come across something amazing like this. Always check and make sure the clasps aren't broken and all the jewels are still intact! Sometimes I can get a little carried away when I find something that catches my eye, but it's always good to give it a once-over.



Store: Salvation Army
Brand: ?
Section: Jewelry Case at Register
What I Paid: $6.99
What it's Worth: ?



You can never have enough sweaters! But what about something a little more unique? This one is really cool: the sleeves are knit, but the body is satin, giving it a more luxurious feel than a regular sweater. 



Store: Salvation Army
Brand: Zara
Section: Blouses
What I Paid: $6.99
What it's Worth: ?



This is one glitzy and glam (and surprisingly comfy!) sweater. There were quite a few J.Crew items on the racks, which I haven't seen before at Salvation Army; let's hope this is just the beginning! And wow was I ever surprised when I looked up how much this sweater would have cost me in-store! This is one of my more valuable finds.



Store: Salvation Army
Brand: J.Crew
Section: Sweaters (Large - always make sure to comb ALL the sizes! you never know how it will fit)
What I Paid: $9.99
What it's Worth: $295 (!!!)


Happy Styling! xo

~Britta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...